Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The arc and the eclipse

Things come together and things drift apart.

And so seems the general operation of it all.

Really, a post a month wasn't what I was gunning for. But the whole apology thing is growing tired I'm sure. Perhaps I should be more concise and less ambling. More visual and less introspective. I can't scribe my chronology, but I can paint snapshots-- that kind of thing.

So I've finally got something cooperative and musical going on! The sixth, or thereabouts, saw the birth of The Moon Red-Handed-- and acoustic project of Sir Rick Marciano and myself. Judging by our first little jam session the other day, there is certainly something to look forward to. The only downside is that writing songs severely inhibits by ability to write poetry. Yeah, believe it or not the process is entirely different. But it is what it is and I'm glad to make the trade.

I used exclamation points in the previous paragraph.

There's electricity in the air.

I've been pretty down the last couple days(weeks?). The single life is one I'm accustomed to. But it's also one I feel like I need to outgrow eventually. Like wearing hand-me-downs. And it isn't looking so good on me-- especially not lately. Loneliness is a callous lover, let me tell you. Not that, I'm sure, you need telling. We all know the chill.

And I guess I'm just jealous of all the happy couples. I am. And it isn't worth it to pretend I'm not.

It's just that people are so fickle
they fall in love at different angles.

I haven't shared any poetry in a while. Here you go:

[removed]


Bomb the blogosphere,
Mike

No comments: