Monday, April 23, 2007

"Isn't that what you expect?"

"I could have sang you to sleep.

And all you want from me..."

All you want from me...

You want nothing to do with me.

Today is most likely the worst day in recent memory. I'm listening to Saves the Day and laughing my ass off because what I really want to do is cry and catch a train to Kansas City where I'd forget everything I've known in the last month. Where I can save some fucking face. This is the last time I put so much stock in someone. The last time I try to make something out of nothing. The last time I let myself lie in bed and smile to myself at how much promise there is in a potential future with someone.

But I am guilty of saying that all I wanted was some closure. And, in a manner of speaking, that's exactly what I got.

So, although it's a really roundabout way of saying it, this is essential entirely my fault. I don't doubt it. I don't deny it. I believe it fully. My conduct in the past few weeks has been so so so stupid. I set aside everything I've learned about people and let myself get enraptured. Again. A-fucking-gain.

It's entirely my fault for letting myself sink this deep.

When you say "yeah I get you" I hope you understand that you couldn't possibly.

When you say you "dated someone exactly like" me... I hope that one day he takes you back.

Because boys don't care like I care much anymore.


That's all I've got to say about that. This'll be on facebook for whoever want to read it. But I don't care anymore. I'm sick of trying to be who everyone wants me to be.

Bomb the fucking Blogosphere,
Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When you say "yeah I get you" I hope you understand that you couldn't possibly."

You're right about this in that no one really completely gets anyone, it's physically impossible.

That being said, though, I just wanted to say that you're not completely alone. Honestly, you said what's been on my mind better than I could've myself.

I've been sitting here for a few minutes now trying to figure out what to say next, because I know there's not really anything that'll help much right now. All I can say is wait, you'll get your old self back. At least, that's what I've been telling myself. And I think, slowly but surely, it's working.

Will this reply help? As I said, maybe not, in fact, it might just piss you off. If it does, I'm sorry. But I felt the need to say it, maybe as much for myself as for you.

I'll shut up now.

Later,
Tom

the old FMS said...

Tom I'm pretty sure you'll never piss me off. haha So don't sweat it! And never stop yourself from speaking or typing your mind. To me at least!